Step One: Withdrawal
- Regular Withdrawal-Contact Registrar’s Office to sign appropriate form.
For questions contact Martha Wilson: (828)262-2050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Withdrawal-Meet with Health Services professional.
For questions contact Alicia Roberts (828)262-3100 or email@example.com
- Psychological Withdrawal-Meet with Counseling Center professional.
For questions contact Chris Hogan (828)262-3180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step Two: (If you are living on campus)
- Within 24 hours after your completed withdrawal, you must check out of the Residence Hall. This includes meeting with a Resident Assistant or Residence Director/Coordinator to complete your RIC (Room Information Card) and to return your key. For questions contact your Residence Director/Coordinator or the University Housing Office at (828)262-2160.
Step Three: (If you have financial aid)
- Contact your Financial Aid counselor and explain your withdrawal from Appalachian State University.
For questions contact Financial Aid (828)262-2190 or email@example.com
Step Four: Student Accounts
- Check your student account regarding any remaining balance due to the university. You will be responsible for paying the balance after any withdrawal credit may be applied.
Step Five: Books
- All rental books must be returned to the University Bookstore.
For questions contact Pam Walker (828)262-3070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All library books must be returned to the Carol Grotnes Belk Library and Information Commons.
For questions contact Jason Stamper (828)262-6904 or email@example.com
Step Six: Health Insurance
- Make sure your insurance coverage will continue while withdrawn from the university.
For questions contact your local insurance representative.
- If you have Student Health Insurance, please contact Alicia Roberts/Angie Norris at (828) 262-3100 or via
e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com to discuss continued insurance coverage.
Step Seven: ASU Post Office
- Go by the ASU Post Office during regular business hours and complete a change of address form.
Step Eight: Questions
- For questions about the Withdrawal Process and/or Returning to Appalachian State University contact the Registrar’s Office (828)-262-2050/email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Office of the Dean of Students (828)262-8284/email email@example.com .
- For questions about the withdrawal process and/or returning process to ASU as a student with Office of Student Conduct history, contact the Office of Student Conduct at (828)262-2704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning to Campus: http://www.registrar.appstate.edu/records/readmission.html